Sprain And Strain Injury Treatment
REQUEST A CALL BACK NOW!
Sprain and Strain Injury
Sprains and strains are two types of soft tissue injury or damage. A sprain is a joint injury that involves tearing of the ligaments and joint capsule. A strain is an injury to muscle or tendons.
Symptoms Of A Sprain Can Include:
- pain around the affected joint
- being unable to use the joint normally or being unable to put weight on it
Symptoms Of A Muscle Strain Can Include:
- Pain in the affected muscle
- Muscle spasms (when the muscles contract tightly and painfully)
- Loss of some, or all, of the function in the affected muscle
- A blood collecting under the skin at the site of the strain – this is known as a hematoma, and it may look like a large, dark-red bruise
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT HERE
TREATMENT FOR SPRAINS AND STRAINS –
Treatment may include:
- exercises, under the guidance of your doctor or another health professional, to promote healing, strength, and flexibility.
- manual techniques, such as mobilization and massage.
- pain-relieving medication (talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medications, as they can sometimes disrupt the healing of soft tissue injuries).